Who Is This Course For?
The Web Design For Beginners Course is for anyone that would like to learn more about coding and web design. Either total beginners or someone would like to brush up on their skills and get coding again. It is designed for those who want to pick up a new skill, or learn the basics so that they can get started in the field of web development
Even if you are creating websites using tools like Wix and WordPress, you will need to have some knowledge of HTML, CSS and know how to read code and edit functions. This course teaches you the basics of these languages, and how they fit together to create a website.
You will need to have a laptop or computer to complete this course – it cannot be done on a tablet or phone.
What will I learn?
You will learn some of the key aspects of web design for anyone embarking on a career in web development:
- You will learn which tools to use to code your website
- How the different parts of the website fit together
- How to style the website
- What the most popular HTML controls are and how to use them
- How to take user input, process it, and return a response to the user
- How to declare and use variables
- How to declare and use arrays
- How functions work and how to write them
- How to write math functions
- What conditional statements are and how to use them
- Some awesome styling practices to make slick looking pages for your own personal website.
These will all be explained full and then put into practice while you build the game website. There will also be recommended reading for if you want to learn more about any of the aspects covered.
How Does It Work?
This might sound hard, but the course will guide you through the entire process, and everything you need to know to complete the site will be in your coursework. You will receive instructions on how to put the game together, and be set extra challenges to make the games harder or easier. The course will take you through each step of designing and developing the website, and will give you everything you need to know to create it.
How Long Does It Take?
That is totally up to you! All of the coursework is sent to you when you sign up, and you can choose to complete it as quickly or slowly as you like. If you don’t have many study hours available, you can fit it in when you have time.
Each page can be treated like a separate module which can be completed independently to each other, so you can space out your learning over time. If you decide that coding is for you, then come sign up for the Freelancer Bootcamp!