What is Website In A Weekend?
WIAW is a course that I created to save business and brand owners from falling into the trap of hosted, packaged websites such as Wix, Squarespace, and WordPress.com.
These services are attractive because they allow you to create simple websites very quickly and easily – often in just a couple of hours. However, once you have set up your site then these services can soon become frustrating. You only have access to limited tools and functionality as a free user, and even as a paid member you are limited with what you can do. If you want to add any advanced functionality then you need to pay even more.
Cost, scalability and diversification are the biggest barriers that you will face with packaged websites.
- Cost: As well as high monthly costs, you will need to pay every time you want to add functionality to your website. These services can be a money pit for a small business.
- Scalability: Do you want to grow your product line? Increase your website traffic without affecting site loading times? With a packaged website, if you want to grow, then you will need to pay more each month to do so. With self-hosted websites, you have no cap on what you want sell, what you want to offer, or how many people can visit your website.
- Diversification: Let’s say you have a blog but want to add a shop to your website? That will be an extra €540 that you need to pay each year with WordPress.com. With self hosted websites it costs absolutely nothing to add a shop to your website, and takes just a few hours to set up. Adding members areas, booking systems etc will all be free to set up with the website you will build on this course, allowing you to diversify easily.
Who Is WIAW For?
This course is for anyone who wants to create a website for their business or brand, or to promote themselves or their work online – but cannot afford to hire a developer right now. It shows you how to create a self-hosted WordPress website in just two days, without any code.
- Do you want to get online, but don’t know where to start?
- Do you have a business or brand that doesn’t have a website?
- Do you have a website, but it doesn’t reflect your brand identity or gives a poor impression of your business?
- Are you paying too much for your website?
- Have you got an idea and just need a website to start making money?
- Have you got services but no way to advertise them to potential clients?
- Do you have products that you want to sell online, and not just through social media?
- Do you want to start a blog?
- Do you want to start an online business?
- And do you lack the budget to hire a premium developer who can create a website for you?
With WIAW, you can get your business online and start making money in just 48 hours. Once you have the budget, you can hire a developer to add any extra tools and features that you need to grow your business. Since you are already on a self-hosted platform, all the developer will need is your website password and they can get to work. You won’t have to take your site down to give it an upgrade.
What kind of website will I build on this course?
You will build a self-hosted WordPress website on the course which contains:
- A homepage
- A contact page with a working contact form to get client or customer queries through to your inbox instead of managing them in DM’s
- A services / about page describing you or your brand
- A blog (if needed)
- A Shop to sell physical or digital products
- At the end of the course, you will have the skills to add any other pages that you need
The website will be secured with HTTPS, and it will be styled with your business or brand’s colour scheme, logo, and images.
Do I need to know how to code?
You do not need to have any knowledge of coding, or previous experience working with websites to do this course.
The course includes helpful videos from me, screenshots, and step-by-step instructions on how to do each task. It is suitable for someone that has zero experience with building websites, and doesn’t want to learn how to code.
Will I learn how to code?
You will not! I have designed this course so that you don’t have to write a singe line of code. Instead, I will guide you through how to use tools that have been designed to make the process of building a website easy for beginners.
This course doesn’t require any study or reading to start building your site. The goal here isn’t to become a web developer, but to have a kick ass website that represents your brand or business. It’s full of step-by-step instructions that get you to your end goal.
What is the time commitment?
The course is designed to be completed over 2 days. You could get it done in one day if you had a lot of coffee!
Can I take longer than a weekend to make my website?
Sure! You can take longer to complete the course if you like. If you want to go through the tasks slower then you can do this. Feel free to move through the lessons at your own pace.
What Do I Need?
You cannot build your website using a tablet / phone, so you will need a laptop / PC that you can access the internet with.
You don’t need any prior knowledge of building websites to do the course. You don’t need a domain name or hosting (you don’t even need to know what these are, it’s all explained in the course!)
I will guide you through setting up your business right from the very start, you just need to find a free weekend & a laptop.
There are no reviews yet.