Here are the links referenced in the call.
Five chrome extensions that will change the way you do web development:
CSS generators that will change the way you write CSS code:
- Blobmaker: Make organic SVG shapes.
- Get Waves: Create unique SVG wave shapes.
- Neumorphism: Soft UI CSS shadow generator.
- Tridiv: A web-based editor for creating 3D shapes in CSS.
- Fancy Border Radius Generator: Generator to build organic shapes using just the CSS border-radius.
- Glassmorphism CSS Generator: Create a CSS Glass Effect.
- Stripes generator: Pure CSS Stripes Generator that you can use for backgrounds.
- CSS Gradient generator: a free CSS gradient generator tool.
- Patternify: lets you create background patterns for free.
- CSS Accordion Slider Generator: Create fully responsive, CSS-only accordion sliders.
- Palette Ninja: an online colour scheme generator.
- LayoutIt: Quickly design web layouts, and get HTML and CSS code.
- Keyframes: CSS animation generator/editor.
- Navbar Generator: generate various types of fully responsive navbar.
- Buttons Generator: 100+ CSS buttons where you can quickly copy the code and use it in your projects.
- AnimatiSS: Colourful list of keyframe CSS animations, grab the code and use it to animate your HTML elements.
- Colorion: Browse tons of palettes, gradients, buttons, and base colours.
- ProfileMe: Create an amazing GitHub profile in minutes.
- HTMLrev: Well crafted Free HTML templates designed to build static websites.
- HoverCSS: a collection of CSS3 hover effects.
- Griddy: a free learning tool made for frontend developers who want to understand more about CSS grids.
- GridCSS: Use the generator to create a responsive website your way.
- CSS Portal: home to a large range of CSS generators, tools, and resources.
- Loading.io: a flexbox playground for on-demand CSS generation.
- Build with Flexbox: Use this interactive reference tool to recall flexbox properties and experiment with layouts.
- My CSS Builder: a one-stop shop for developers, allowing you to quickly and efficiently generate CSS for your websites.
- CSS Layout.io: Here you can find popular Layouts & patterns made with CSS.
- Quackit CSS Grid Templates: allows you to create website layouts easily
Useful websites for web developers:
15 Must-Read Books That Will Change Your Life :
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins
- The Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The Art of Thinking Clearly by Rolf Dobelli
- Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday
- Man’s Search For Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
- The 6.1 roadmap.
- Gutenberg lead architect Matías Ventura also wrote an interesting thread on twitter which I recommend reading about the upcoming changes.
- There are global wordpress meetups where you can network with other professionals.
- The wordpress themes team are really leaning into the FSE block architecture. They have even released a plugin which allows you to create block themes and export them. For anyone who is looking to get into theme development, this could be a way to do it without learning PHP.
- Patterns information.
- Patterns Training
- Choose a FSE theme and start to play around with the block editor.