Start Date & Duration
The bootcamp will start on February 19th 2022 & run for 8 weeks. This is an intensive course, and requires much more time each week than the longer 12 week course.
You will build and launch your website in just 5 weeks and we will spend the following 3 weeks pitching to clients and working with your first client.
There are multiple dates running, so for other dates, please see the full course catalogue.
Who Is This Course For?
The Freelancer Bootcamp is for someone who wants to become a freelance website developer and male the switch to working online. This accelerated course runs over 8 weeks, and gives you 4 weeks to get your website launched. This is followed by 4 weeks of weekly coaching where we pitch to clients, get our first paid clients, and start to get to work as Freelancer WordPress Website Developers!
On this course you will learn how to make high quality, responsive, well functioning WordPress websites. I will pass on the skills that I have learned from my university degree, over a decade of professional software development, and in my freelancing career while travelling the world. You will learn how to pitch to clients and get paid freelancing work with the knowledge you gain on the course.
Freelance web development allows you to travel the world and set your own hours, while earning a good income and building your career. You can take projects when you want to work, and travel in between. Working online has given us so many great opportunities, and I want to encourage more people to take the leap.
What Does The Freelance Bootcamp Cover?
On the bootcamp, you will not only learn the technical skills required to be a freelance web developer, but also the professional skills too. You will learn how to find clients, how to pitch to them, how to get requirements, to manage difficult or slow clients, and how to ensure that you get repeat business from each job. Course materials include templates for pitching / proposals / quotes etc, which you can use during your career.
The Freelancer Bootcamp covers a variety of subjects:
- WordPress website development
- Website Security (SSL)
- Handling payments on a website
- Responsive Design
- Setting up an Ecommerce store
- Setting up bookings, memberships & contact forms on a website
- Pitching to clients
- Finding clients
- Writing client proposals
- Pricing your services
- Communicating effectively with clients
- Other tools & techniques to start a career in freelance web development
On this course you will get:
- Access to the private Slack group chat with direct access to me for the 8 weeks.
- Group coaching calls once per week with me.
- Private 1:1 coaching each week with me.
- Guest lectures from experts in:
- Social Media Strategy to help you develop your Instagram strategy.
- Setting up your business and paying tax
- Mindset coaching on how to avoid the dreaded ‘Imposter Syndrome’ that many freelancers feel, and how to gain confidence in putting yourself out there with a client.
Is the Course Accredited?
I am very please to say that both the Freelancer and Entrepreneur courses are now accredited by the CPD Certification service. You can view the membership details and certification details in the gallery at the top of the page.
When you complete the course, you will be sent a certificate of completion directly from CPD with your name & optionally your company name in it. If you will be using your web design skills to work for your company, it’s possible that your company will pay in full or part for your place on the course.
What Website Will I Create On This Course?
You have two options for the website you will create on the course.
- You can create a personal website, to advertise your freelance development skills to potential clients. If you have other skills & experience you can market these on the website too.
- You can create a website for a client. Some previous students posted on their social media looking for clients, and others created websites for their partner or family members businesses.
If you create a website for yourself, you will be able to use that as a way to market yourself. If you create a website for a client, you will gain experience of working with a client which will be very helpful.
The most important thing is that you have a website idea when you join the course. The first week will be drafting up the project plan, so you don’t need to have a fully laid out plan – but if you start the course with no idea of what to build then you will be behind.
What you’ll get from the course
- The course will teach you how to build self-hosted WordPress websites from scratch.
- It will teach you how to find clients, pitch for work, gather client requirements, and set your pricing.
What you won’t get from the course
What is the Time Commitment?
What I am looking for
You can pay in full for the course when you book your spot, or you can choose to sign up for a payment plan and split your payments out into equal monthly installments. You can opt for a payment plan by selecting “Pay Deposit” when checking out – you will pay a 20% deposit immediately and you can select your preferred payment plan duration.