This week we will set up our website, choose our theme, decide on our pages, and create our user journey throughout the site. Create your brand identity, determine your target client, and choose your colour scheme.
- Week 1 Timeline
- Students With Clients: Analysing The Client Questionnaire
- Students With Clients: Getting Content From Your Client
- Setting Up & Updating Your Trello Board
- Buy Your Domain Name
- Set Up Hosting
- SiteGround User Guide
- Set Up New Website & Install WordPress
- Change Nameservers
- The Psychology Of Web Design
- What’s Trending In 2022
- Creating Your User Journey
- Choose Your Website Colour Scheme
- Choose Your Website Font
This week we delve into the world of WordPress as you install your theme and start learning about the admin panel.
- Extended Freelancer Week 2 Call
- Week 2 Timeline
- Introduction To Themes
- Choose Your Website Theme
- Enable SSL
- Setup Jetpack
- Disable Siteground Plugins
- Setup General Area
- Set Permalinks
- Add Media
- Setup User Accounts
- Adding a Page
- Adding a Blog Post
- Learn About The WP Admin Panel
- Keyboard Shortcuts You Should Know
- Creating A Simple But Elegant Logo
Next, we are going to install and set up the theme that we chose in week 1. With any leftover time we have this week, we will get familiar with our theme documentation.
In this module, you will learn more about CSS, which you were introduced to in the pre-coursework. Good CSS skills are essential for any web developer, so it's important to practice as much as you can this week and over the coming weeks.
You will learn how to use three important website building tools. You will start and complete your contact page using these tools. You will also delve into the world of CSS this week as you start to customize your page.
- Extended Freelancer Week 3 Call
- Week 3 Timeline
- Development Checklist
- Change Your Site Icon
- Setup Your Website Page Structure
- Assign Your Homepage & Blog Page
- Link Your Pages On Your Menu
- Learn About Theme Options, Customizer & Page Editor
- Learn How To Use The Chrome Developer Panel
- Complete Your Contact Page
- Learn How to Edit Your Pages With Elementor
- Learn How to Edit Your Pages With WB Bakery
- Add A Custom Font To Your Website
- Adding a Contact Form
Use the tools you studied in week 3 to continue working through your website page-by-page. Your focus this week will be on creating your About / Services pages. You will get faster and better at development, and get two pages finished.
This week we will continue working through your pages, with an increased focus on responsiveness. You will learn how to make your pages responsive so they look great on phones, tablets and computers.
You will be adding functionality to your website this week, using Wordpress plugins. You will start adding plugins to your website and configuring your functional pages.
This module covers how to set up a WooCommerce store on your WordPress website to sell physical and digital products.
This week you will continue working through your pages, but with an increased focus on CSS. We will also create your social media and marketing plan for your business.
In this module you will learn how to set up your social media marketing plan for your new business. The Social Media Queen Nadine Burton will help you create your client avatar and learn how to get clients through social media.
Code complete is Sunday of this week, which means your pages must be finished by then. You will need to wrap up the homepage and all other pages, and ensure that they look good across all screen sizes. This week we're focusing on getting things polished and perfect. We will also learn about GDPR and Cookie Policies.
In this module, you will learn how to test your website across three areas to make it pixel perfect for launch.
Test your website and make sure that all bugs are removed. We will launch this week!
This week will mark the start of our goal setting & business coaching. On our weekly group call we will create goals for the coming week related to marketing ourselves and pitching to clients.
This week we will learn about website redesigns, and how the process differs to new website builds.
In this module, you will learn how to set up your business and register for tax.