This week we will choose our theme, decide on our pages, and create our user journey throughout the site.
- Week 1 Timeline
- The Entrepreneur Mindset
- Analysing The Client Questionnaire
- Setting Up & Updating Your Trello Board
- Buy Your Domain Name
- Set Up Hosting
- Set Up New Website & Install WordPress
- Change Nameservers
- The Psychology Of Web Design
- Creating Your User Journey
- Choose Your Website Colour Scheme
- Choose Your Website Font
- Choose Your Website Theme
- Client Communication
This week we are going to buy our domain & hosting, and install Wordpress. By the end of the week, you will have a basic working site.
- Week 2 Timeline
- Enable SSL
- Introduction To Themes
- Installing Your Free Theme
- Installing Your Premium Theme
- Update SSL – Search & Replace Plugin / Other Methods
- Creating A Simple But Elegant Logo
- Setup Jetpack
- Setup General Area
- Set Permalinks
- Add Media
- Setup User Accounts
- Adding a Page
- Adding a Blog Post
- Learn About The WP Admin Panel
- Guide To Keyboard Shortcuts
- Putting Your Website Under Construction
This week, we are installing our theme on our website and learning about how to navigate around the WP Admin panel and how to use our theme.
This week we are getting our site structure ready to be styled and for adding our content. We are using our theme customiser to set our global settings, we are getting our pages created, our menu set up, and getting images and content from our clients.
- Week 4 Timeline
- Adding Site Icon
- WordPress Tips For Beginners
- Setup Your Website Page Structure
- Set Your Website Menu
- Editing Demo Data
- Editing Your Pages: WB Bakery
- Editing Your Pages: Elementor
- Changing Your Website’s Header & Footer
- Adding Custom Fonts To Your Website
- CSS Tips for Beginners
- HTML For Beginners
- Getting Content From Your Client
- Adding a Contact Form
This week we start working through our pages and adding content and functionality to them. We start with our contact page and work our way through the site.
- Week 5 Timeline
- Adding Content To Your Website
- WordPress Plugins
- Managing Plugins
- Useful WordPress Plugins
- Adding Widgets
- Styling A Responsive Website
- What Can I Offer
- Responsive Web Design: % not Pixels!
- Responsive Web Design: Media Queries
- Responsive Web Design: Rows & Columns
- Responsive Web Design: Typography
- Responsive Web Design: Input Type
This week, we are continuing with adding content and functionality to our site, and styling the site.
This week, we are testing our websites in preparation for launch next week.
This week, we are launching our websites. We will be clearing up our servers, making last minute changes, and getting our social media strategy ready for the launch.