This week we will set up our website, choose our theme, decide on our pages, and create our user journey throughout the site.
- Week 1 Timeline
- Analysing The Client Questionnaire
- Setting Up & Updating Your Trello Board
- Buy Your Domain Name
- Set Up Hosting
- Set Up New Website & Install WordPress
- Change Nameservers
- The Psychology Of Web Design
- Creating Your User Journey
- Choose Your Website Colour Scheme
- Choose Your Website Font
- Choose Your Website Theme
The first thing we are going to do this week is complete our website setup. By the end of this module, you can move onto installing your theme.
Next, we are going to install and set up the theme that we chose in week 1. With any leftover time we have this week, we will get familiar with our theme documentation.
This week we are going to get familiar with our website, and customising it. We will learn about how to apply custom CSS to our website, and practice styling our website.
- Week 3 Timeline
- Getting To Know Your Theme
- Setup Your Website Page Structure
- Assign Your Homepage & Blog Page
- Set Your Website Menu
- Editing Demo Data
- Using The Chrome Developer Panel
- Custom CSS (Site-wide)
- Custom CSS (For A Specific Page)
- Editing Your Pages: Elementor
- Editing Your Pages: WB Bakery
- Client Communication
This week we are creating our contact and about pages. You will practice using the theme customiser, the page editor, and the Chrome Developer panel. You will also learn about Responsive CSS!
Learn what responsive CSS is, how important it is, and how to apply it on your website.
This week we will continue working through our pages and adding content and functionality to them. We will start working on pages with more functionality and learn about plugins.
This week, we are finishing up our site with the homepage. We will learn how to use Revolution Slider and how to make our Hompage headers look incredible.
This week, we are testing our websites in preparation for launch next week.
This week, we are launching our websites. We will be clearing up our servers, making last minute changes, and getting our social media strategy ready for the launch.