This week we will set up our website, choose our theme, decide on our pages, and create our user journey throughout the site.
This week we will get our website, social media, and mailing list up and running. We will design a smart and intuitive user journey on the site and finalise the branding and design. We will also create a social media strategy for the lead up to the launch.
- Week 2 Timeline
- Enable SSL
- Setup Jetpack
- Set Permalinks
- Adding a Blog Post
- Setup General Area
- Putting Your Website Under Construction
- Choose Your Website Colour Scheme
- Choose Your Website Font
- Creating A Simple But Elegant Logo.
- Affiliate Marketing
- Helpful Guide: Using SiteGround
- Helpful Guide: Using Your WP Admin Panel
- Useful Keyboard Shortcuts You Should Know
This week, we are switching off our business brains with our strategy and content created. You will delve into development, and start building out the pages on your website. We will have our Contact & About pages finished by the end of the week.
- Week 3 Timeline
- Introduction To Themes
- Installing Your Theme
- Locate Your Theme Documentation
- Update SSL – Search & Replace Plugin / Other Methods
- Your Website Development Action Plan
- Changing The Menu
- Adding Site Icon
- Changing Your Website Content
- Editing Your Pages: WB Bakery
- Editing Your Pages: Elementor
- Changing The Color Scheme Of Your Website
- Adding Custom Fonts To Your Website
This week we are creating our contact and about pages. You will practice using the theme customiser, the page editor, and the Chrome Developer panel. You will also learn about Responsive CSS!
- Week 4 Timeline
- Setup Your Website Page Structure
- Adding & Editing Widgets
- Changing Your Website’s Header & Footer
- Adding a Contact Form
- Styling A Responsive Website
- Responsive Web Design: Input Type
- Responsive Web Design: Typography
- Responsive Web Design: Rows & Columns
- Responsive Web Design: % not Pixels!
- Responsive Web Design: Media Queries
This week we will continue working through our pages and adding content and functionality to them. We will start working on pages with more functionality and learn about plugins.
- Week 5 Timeline
- WordPress Plugins
- Useful WordPress Plugins
- Managing Plugins
- Slider Revolution User Guide
- Adding a Mailing List Subscription Box
- Adding A Membership Area
- Adding a Booking Calendar
- Adding the WooCommerce Plugin
- The WooCommerce Setup Wizard
- WooCommerce Menu Items
- Adding and Managing Products
This week, we are finishing up our site with the homepage. We will learn how to add a shop to our website & how to make our websites accessible.
This week, we are testing our websites in preparation for launch next week.