Create your brand identity, determine your target client, and your colour scheme. This week is mostly non-technical, with the exception of getting our domain & hosting set up.
- Week 1 Timeline
- Students With Clients: Analysing The Client Questionnaire
- Students With Clients: Getting Content From Your Client
- Setting Up & Updating Your Trello Board
- Buy Your Domain Name
- Set Up Hosting
- SiteGround User Guide
- Set Up New Website & Install WordPress
- Change Nameservers
- Enable SSL
- Log Into WordPress
- How To Use The WP Admin Panel
- Setup General Area
- Setup User Accounts
- Disable Siteground Plugins
- The Psychology Of Web Design
- What’s Trending In 2023
- What’s Trending In 2022
- Creating Your User Journey
- Introduction To Themes
- Choose Your Website Theme
- Choose Your Website Colour Scheme
- Choose Your Website Font
- Creating A Simple But Elegant Logo.
- Helpful Keyboard Shortcuts
This week we will finish your website setup, put your website under construction, and install your theme. Have this section completed before our 1:1 call.
- Accelerated Freelancer Week 2 Call
- Week 2 Timeline
- Setup Jetpack
- Set Permalinks
- Adding Media To Your Site
- Adding a Page
- Adding a Blog Post
- Installing Your Free Theme
- Installing Your Premium Theme
- Locate Your Theme Documentation
- Creating a Child Theme
- Update SSL – Search & Replace Plugin / Other Methods
- Updating Your Envato Theme
- Putting Your Website Under Construction
In this module, you are going to learn about 4 important tools that help us build websites. You will use these to change the colour scheme of your website and to complete your 'Contact Me' page.
- Development Checklist
- Get To Know Your Theme
- Change Your Site Icon
- Set Up Your Website Page Structure
- Assign Your Homepage & Blog Page
- Link Your Pages On Your Menu
- Learn About Theme Options, Customizer & Page Editor
- Learn How To Use The Chrome Developer Panel
- Styling Your Website With CSS
- Understanding Spacing
- Complete Your Contact Page
- How To Structure Your Page Using HTML Tags
- Learn How to Edit Your Pages With WP Bakery
- Learn How To Edit Your Pages With Elementor
- Add A Custom Font To Your Website
- Adding a Contact Form
- Adding & Updating Widgets
In this module, you will learn more about CSS, which you were introduced to in the pre-coursework. Good CSS skills are essential for any web developer, so it's important to practice as much as you can this week and over the coming weeks.
Use the tools you studied in week 2 to continue working through your website page-by-page. Create your About / Services and any other non-functional pages. You will get faster and better at development this week and learn how to make your pages responsive so they look great on phones, tablets and computers.
Continue working through your pages, with an increased focus on responsiveness. You will learn how to make your pages responsive so they look great on phones, tablets and computers.
In this module you will learn how to set up your social media marketing plan for your new business. The Social Media Queen Nadine Burton will help you create your client avatar and learn how to get clients through social media.
This week we are adding functionality to our websites, so that our websites can start to earn money. You will be configuring a shop, course, blog, membership area, or an functionality that your business requires. You will also be starting to work on your hompage.
- Accelerated Freelancer Week 4 Call
- Week 4 Timeline
- WordPress Plugins
- Useful WordPress Plugins
- Managing Plugins
- Adding a Booking Calendar
- Amelia Appointments & Events Plugin
- Adding Subscription Memberships
- Adding a Mailing List Subscription Box
- Adding An Incentive Pop Up
- Making Your Website Accessible
This module covers how to set up a WooCommerce store on your WordPress website to sell physical and digital products.
You will begin testing your sites on Monday, and test for 3 days across three areas of your site. Websites will be launched on Thursday and Friday of this week.
This week will mark the start of our goal setting & business coaching. You will be given access to our client pitching templates, to make the process of pitching easier for you.
This week we will learn about website redesigns, and how the process differs to new website builds. We will also learn about GDPR and Cookie Policies.
This week, you will learn strategies for staying on track after the course ends. We'll cover marketing your business, staying motivated, keeping momentum up, and staying productive.
In this module, you will learn how to set up your business and register for tax.