This week we will get our business plans finalised, get our content ready for socials and the website, and get our website online.
- Week 1 Timeline
- The Entrepreneur Mindset
- Setting Up & Updating Your Trello Board
- Buy Your Domain Name
- Set Up Hosting
- Helpful Guide: Using SiteGround
- Change Nameservers
- Set Up New Website & Install WordPress
- Creating Your User Journey
- Preparing Content For Your Website
- What’s Trending In 2022
- Choose Your Website Style
- How To Make Money From Your Website
- Choose Your Website Theme
- Creating A Simple But Elegant Logo
- Useful Keyboard Shortcuts You Should Know
- Creating Your Mailchimp Mailing List
In this module you will learn how to set up your social media marketing plan for your new business. The Social Media Queen Nadine Burton will help you create your client avatar and learn how to get clients through social media.
This week we will get our website, social media, and mailing list up and running. We will also finalise the branding and design of your business.
This week, we are switching off our business brains with our strategy and content created. You will delve into development, and start building out the pages on your website. We will have our Contact & About pages finished by the end of the week.
- Week 3 Timeline
- 10 Tips for Designing Your First WordPress Website Free Preview
- Installing Your Theme
- Locate Your Theme Documentation
- Adding A Site Icon
- Learn About Theme Options, Customizer & Page Editor
- Set Up Your Website Page Structure
- Assign Your Homepage & Blog Page
- Link Your Pages On Your Menu
- Update SSL – Search & Replace Plugin / Other Methods
- Complete Your Contact Page
- Editing Your Pages: Elementor
- Editing Your Pages: WB Bakery
- Adding Widgets
- Adding a Contact Form
- Adding Custom Fonts To Your Website
In this module, you will learn more about CSS, which you were introduced to in the pre-coursework. Good CSS skills are essential for any web developer, so it's important to practice as much as you can this week and over the coming weeks.
This week we are adding functionality to our websites, so that our websites can start to earn money. You will be configuring a shop, course, blog, membership area, or an functionality that your business requires. You will also be starting to work on your hompage.
- Week 4 Timeline
- Understanding Caching
- Create Your Non-Functional Pages
- Writing Your ‘About’ Page Content
- Slider Revolution User Guide
- WordPress Plugins
- Useful WordPress Plugins
- Managing Plugins
- Optional: Adding a Booking Calendar
- Optional: Adding Subscription Memberships
- Adding the WooCommerce Plugin
- Adding and Managing Products
- WooCommerce Menu Items
- The WooCommerce Setup Wizard
This week, you will be finalising your homepage and testing your website to make sure it's ready for launch. We will be testing how well our websites perform on mobile devices, making sure that our functionality works as expected, and we will be getting someone to blind-test the site so that it can be perfect for the launch.
This week, you will be launching your websites! Research has shown that Tuesday is the best day to launch a product, so we are going to launch the Tuesday of this week. We will spend the week executing our social media and email marketing strategies to ensure that we have maximum eyes on our site.
This weeks lessons are for your use over the next 6 months. You will learn how to maintain your website, manage your analytics, grow your audience and improve your domain authority.
In this module, you will learn how to set up your business and register for tax.